Relocation Planning starts with fully understanding your goals. We need to understand what needs to be done and when, and then we need to advise you on how best to achieve it.
The briefing process usually begins as part of the wider project, subsequent specific move management meetings allow us to provide a micro programme for the moves after the main contract is complete.
A successful move will have established the following:
- Projects goals and objectives
- A core project team including key stakeholders and representatives
- A quantified inventory of items for relocation
- A detailed move programme identifying tasks & timelines. It will also confirm the resource identified to compete the task
- Identifying contingency plans to maintain critical path deadlines
- Ensured business continuity and minimised disruption
Part of the relocation planning process will include creating a comprehensive list of items to be relocated, this will include furniture, IT equipment, copiers/printers, personal items & storage. Items will be listed and numbered for reference and will eventually be labelled to ensure accurate placement during the move.
The moves may need to be completed in phases to support your business; we will create phasing drawings for you as part of the design process and we will endeavour to ensure staff move as few times as possible.