Vacancy: Office and Executive Assistant
We have a vacancy for a full-time Office and Executive Assistant.
About the job
You will be managing the administration for a small business including two Designers and three Project Managers. You will join a successful and collaborative team, where our business is growing and our turnover is around £900,000 in fees of which about £500,000 of that is project management. This is an important varied role, which is highly rewarding and an exciting opportunity for someone who enjoys running multiple projects at any one time, all in various stages. The person currently in this role has been promoted into a project management role and will be available for training in the early stages. This role is offered on a full-time basis.
In this role, you will be:
- Highly organised and proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Providing valuable project support
- Providing administrative and organisation support
- Pro-actively improving processes
- Managing calendars
- Organising travel arrangements
- Initially assisting in the creation of furniture quotations and establishing a good product knowledge
Here is more information on the tasks you will be conducting:
- Supporting diary management for events, meetings and sometimes travel arrangements
- Scheduling and proactively managing high volume of diary appointments
- Managing complex travel requests including scheduling meetings, organizing the logistics and demonstrating the ability to identify cost reductions where feasible
- Organising internal and external business and client meetings
- Arranging room bookings, catering, agendas, meeting notes and minutes
- Preparing and co-ordinating presentation decks and associated documents
- Collating data and supporting with preparation of documents and slides, including Excel spreadsheet reports and PowerPoint presentations
- Ensuring technical requirements are set up and working including Microsoft Teams and other systems
- Supporting with processes including creating excel cash flow forecasts and cost analysis documents
- Drafting communications as required
- Undertaking other general administrative support including but not limited to filing, document management, and printing/scanning
- Providing business administrative support to wider community to cover annual leave and other absences
- Supporting the invoicing and financial processes
- Providing project administrative support and assistance including maintenance of project documents, co-ordination of project updates and meetings, and preparation and collation of data to support overall project requirements
- Providing analysis and reports where required to do so
- The provision of Office Furniture is a small although growing part of our business
- Product and Industry Knowledge training
- Production of furniture quotations and dealing with the manufacturers
- Managing client showroom tours
All of the above will be part of the development of this role. Experience in this area would be an asset although by no means essential.
This Office and Executive Assistant position is an office-based role in Cambridge. Working from home is an option at the discretion of the management.
Offering a competitive salary for the successful candidate. To apply, please contact us with a copy of your current CV and a covering letter explaining how you see your skills to date being applied in the role of Office and Executive Assistant and how you will add value to our business.